Black and White Polka Dot

Sunday, May 8, 2011

{ Dear Abigail } -- Mother's Day

My precious Abigail,

Wow... where did the last 20 days go?!  You came into my life just over two weeks ago and I cannot imagine life without you now.  It's amazing how intensely I love you already.  You are such a blessing and you've given me one of the most important roles I may ever receive, your momma.  Your precious smiles warm my heart and I could literally stare at you for hours when you're peacefully napping.  I also love to cuddle you and will take every opportunity to kiss the sugar from your cheeks.  You've quickly become the apple of your daddy's eye and you love to snuggle high on his chest next to his heart.  You have become the spotlight of your Granny and Dougie Doo's life and they cannot make it through the week without seeing you several times.  Dougie Doo is already working your muscles giving you a baby workout each time he sees you and Granny is literally your biggest fan.  And then there is your big sister, Emma.  To say that she adores you is definitely an understatement.  She'll take every opportunity to help you and she too loves to kiss you every chance she gets.  Let's just say you are one lucky little girl. 


You are such a blessing and I am so thankful to be your Momma.  Today I celebrated my first Mother's Day with you as my daughter and it was such a special day! No gifts or flowers were needed... you were the greatest gift of all.  After a long day, I am basking in the love I receive from you as we snuggle together and I can hardly wait to see what the future holds for us .... but please don't grow up too fast :)

Love,
Your Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment